Wow, to a mother is there anything greater than hearing "those three little words" from your child? My heart melted today when Nathan told me, "I love you mom" on his own without me saying it first and totally out of the blue! It makes me think back to Natalie, she was constantly telling me "I love you" numerous times throughout the day without me saying it first. I used to cherish each and every time she said those words. Now I'm realizing how much that has dwindled and although she'll tell me occasionally on her own, it's mostly when I say it to her first. I'm thinking it's an age thing, because she was right around Nathan's age when she started to tell me, so I will continue to cherish each and every time Nathan tells me he loves me on his own, even if he's being a little stinker! Of course, I will continue to tell both of them, as I do now, how much I love them numerous times a day and maybe, just maybe, I'll get a response back, I'm thinking I will.
4 comments:
Yea little Nate! Emily always says, "I love you mommy" when she forgets what she was going to say. It makes me smile. ;)
Awww...sweet. :) Look how big he's gotten!
Happy Thanksgiving!
I can't believe how big Nathan is! What a sweetie. Don't worry... Dylan still tells me he loves me without being prompted sometimes, and he's 10 now. You give your kids lots of reasons to tell you those "3 special words"! :)
You've been tagged! You have to go to the 4th folder of your photos, and choose the 4th picture in that folder and post it with an explanation of the picture. Then you "tag" four others to post their photos!
Post a Comment