

Well, they broke me folks. Natalie and Ed finally won, after 2 long years of begging, pleading, convincing, I have broken down and agreed to get a dog - God help me! Those of you who know me, know that animals just aren't "my thing" (sorry all you animal lovers). You know, I tolerate them, but I've never been one to cuddle with or play with animals, not even the cats and dog I grew up with. I just assumed that my family would never have pets, outside of Natalie's fish, which I can somewhat handle.
Of course, this Christmas the pressure has been on ever since this summer. Natalie knew what she was asking Santa for this year and she even did ask him when we saw him after Thanksgiving. Santa gave a hardy laugh and quickly looked at Ed and I and said something like, "well, that's a tall order, but I'll see what I can do". I quickly blurted back, scooters are just fine too Santa!
Today, Ed brought home our latest addition, Olivia. It's funny, when I just finally said just go and get it, I started thinking about names and panicked that Natalie was going to want to name her something crazy like Spongebob or some other character. But, she got out of the truck and said, "meet Olivia". I love that name, in fact it was one I had considered for the kids before they were born. Natalie has a good friend at school with that name, so I guess it will work. I'm pleased (I think) to introduce the latest Christofolo, Olivia - God give me strength! Ok, she is pretty cute - can I really turn into a dog lover????? We'll see, right now she's sleeping on my feet, she's trying to win me over that's for sure!
4 comments:
Whoa... that blog title nearly made me fall out of my chair! Then I saw the photos of the puppy. ha ha ha I won't tell my kids you got a puppy, because I've been getting hounded for a couple years, too. (Yes, pun intended!) Good luck with the house training!
Okay, on another subject, you've been TAGGED. Check my blog for the rules!
Oh Erika! Let us know how it goes in the coming weeks. :)
Hooray! I think it's fantastic! And you're already falling in love with her.
Holy Crap!! you got a DOG???? I love it!! you'll love her - especially once you get through the puppy stage. Hey, if you can raise 2 kids, you can raise a dog. Just remain firm! ;) Congrats!
Love and miss you!!
Post a Comment