This year we actually decorated the house and tree the weekend after Thanksgiving, that's pretty early for our family. We were hosting a party the following weekend, so that made us motivated to get it done and we're so happy we did because we've been able to enjoy the tree and the house and relax at night looking at the tree, it's been quite a relaxing holiday so far - go figure!
The kids really got into it this year. We laid out all the ornaments on our dining room table and told them to go for it. Nathan "only" broke three of them so we thought it was a successful decorating experience for all. I am just loving how "into" Christmas Natalie is this year. It's been a lot of fun having her help decorate, bake, sing carols and read stories about Christmas and really understand the true meaning, something we're really trying to instill in our children. It's so hard not to spoil them with gifts and other things during this season, and I'm really working on "cutting back", I have a long ways to go still, but I really think we're trying our hardest to give our children a true understanding of the meaning of the season and Jesus's birth and how important and special that is for all of us. Instead of counting down to Christmas, we are counting down to Jesus's birthday and we're very excited in our house for that special day!
No comments:
Post a Comment