Friday, June 11, 2010

Onto Second Grade......

Natalie has been out of school for only about a week now and we have quickly found ourselves in the busyness of summer schedules, swimming and diving lessons, Friday movies, playdates, trips to museums etc. etc. etc. However, I didn't want the summer to fly by without celebrating our girl's accomplishments in first grade this year. She truly has blossomed as a reader and writer, math is not her favorite (I'm afraid to say, I think she's following in my footsteps) but she has done very well nonetheless. She has continued to make friends and stayed close with friends from last school year as well. She almost made perfect attendance for the whole year, a goal she worked hard for, but missed it by one day when I had to pick her up early! She really enjoyed music this year and seemed to learn quite a bit. Mom got to teach her class Art Masterpiece and she enjoyed having me as her teacher, not sure how easy it would be more than once a month however! She even gave running club a shot, not her favorite but she stuck with it and tried out sign language club.

She loved her teacher, Mrs. VanDeBeuken and will miss her dearly. I believe she did the same thing last year, she worried and stewed about leaving her teacher but once the new year started she fell in love with the new teacher. The weeks leading up to her last day of school she was very emotional about leaving first grade, but the morning of her last day of school, she woke up and announced, "I think I'm finally ready to be a second grader." PHEW! She has grown so much this year and it's hard to believe I have a daughter old enough to go in second grade, we only hope that she will have another wonderfully successful year next school year and will fall in love with her new teacher as much as she has these last 2. We love you "baby" girl, thanks for being you, you rock! xoxoxo

No comments: